Saturday 12 January 2013

When a bargain isn't a bargain

I love a bargain (who doesn't), I love box sets of DVDs, I love ER, I was in heaven when I spotted a load of series of ER on DVD in a local charity shop.  Now the me of a couple of years ago (maybe even the me of a couple of months ago) would have grabbed the lot, but the me of today took a step back and did some research...

There are 15 series of ER, the shop had 8 series (and not all consecutive) at £3 each - £24.  If I bought them then I would have had to get the missing series. When I got home I jumped on the computer. Amazon list a box set of all 15 series for £83.  They also do sets of each separate series.  If I'd bought the 8 in the charity shop and then used Amazon to fill the gaps it would total £115!! Suddenly it's not a bargain at all.

The real stroke of genius though was remembering I have a LoveFilm subscription as part of my bank account and that is free. All 15 series added at a cost of £0!!  I get to see them all and not have them take up any space or any money - now that really is a bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment