Sunday 6 January 2013

Plan H (maybe I, or even J)

So, the eagle eyed amongst you will have spotted this picture over on Facebook...



...and maybe you are wondering what it means. Well, I'm back in Exeter for a potentially limited run!!

Before Christmas I got an offer on my flat so made plans to head back to Exeter as there were a couple of jobs on offer. One would be a stop gap until the other were ready to take me on. I can't afford to pay out on my Maidstone flat and pay a 'commercial' rate of rent on somewhere down in devon, nor was I willing to sign a 6 month tenancy agreement knowing the sale could fall through.  I contacted my old landlords and they agreed to take me back in my old flat at a very very low rent for a period of about 6 weeks to 3 months depending on the flat and some other issues.

The long and short of it is that the buyer pulled out on Thursday!!

After some quick sums it works out that financially I'm better off in Exeter as at least I'll have some money coming in.

So here I am, back in a flat I left 6 years ago, with no cooker, a fridge in the basement and use of the landlords washing machine!!! I start back at Devon and Cornwall Police HQ tomorrow morning but don't yet know what I'll be doing (making tea most likely!)

The flat is back on the market and hopefully a new buyer will come forward as I have dropped the price a few grand. In the meantime it's probably back to looking for a job in Maidstone!!!

Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. It all sounds very complicated but you sound like it's all under control! I had very happy times working in Exeter a long long time ago. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete