Sunday 27 January 2013

Let go...

I'm dreadful at letting go. I stew. I write conversations in my head with perfect  come backs and put downs. I draft letters. But I never actually DO anything.

I've been stewing lately.

I was treated badly at the end of my last job. This isn't just my opinion I know others agree with it. So I'm justified in my hurt/annoyance etc. I wanted to say something to the boss, to say 'Oi, this wasn't right' but I didn't. I took my leaving gift, packed my bags and left. I've thought about writing a letter. But I haven't. What good would it do? What it make her behave any differently? I very much doubt it. Would it make me feel better? Probably not, I'd agonise over what to say and how to say it, then panic once I'd sent it that it would be mis-interpreted etc etc.

So what should I do?

I need to let go. It's past. It happened, I survived, move on.  I have a new job. I'm learning new skills, and meeting new people but it leaves a bad taste.

I need to make peace with it and move on.

Let go...

No comments:

Post a Comment